When Stability is Key
RHK Leveling Cylinders are used in many applications to stabilize a rig’s working position.
From transport and hauling to oil and gas applications, such as Service Rigs and Coiled Tubing Units, our leveling cylinders can be tailored to your specific application.
Also referred to as Leveling Jacks, Stabilizer Cylinders, Landing Gear, and Outriggers, these cylinders provide a steady working platform increasing the productivity and safety of your valued employees.
Designed and Manufactured to your Requirements
Choose from RHK’s lineup of pre-engineered leveling jacks or let us engineer a design to your specific application. Our sales and engineering team is ready to work with you to develop an ideal solution for your project.
- Custom Bore Size, Stroke length and lifting capacity
- Mechanical/Hydraulic Lock capability
- Custom Mounting Configuration
- Swivel Foot and Jacking Pad
- Counterbalance Valves
- Porting options (ORB, NPT, C61) and location
- Split locking nut
- Custom Paint to your spec
Pre-Engineered Leveling Cylinders
RHK’s pre-engineered lineup of Leveling Cylinders are manufactured to endure the
harshest climate and working conditions. Standard features include:
- High tensile, precision honed barrel
- Chrome plated rod for long life and durability
- 65-45-12 Ductile Iron threaded gland
- 4 TPI ACME Theaded Barrel for locking capability
- NPT Ports (1/8″, 3/8″, 1/4″)
- Standard / Split locknut option
Leveling Jacks FAQs
Hydraulic leveling cylinders are used to stabilize a working platform. Also known as outriggers, stabilizers, leveling jacks and landing gear, they provide a stable base by distributing the load over a wider base.
A mechanical locking leveling cylinder can achieve a compressive load strength 3-5 times the lifting capacity with zero deflection. A hydraulic locking leveling cylinder provides ease of use and reduced setup and tear down time.
Both styles of nut offer the ability to mechanically lock a cylinder at a specific extension. A standard nut is a solid, single piece machined from high tensile strength material. A split nut is very similar but split down the centre and hinged allowing for faster setup and tear down.